EL PASO, TX (KRQE) – The FBI is investigating after someone fired shots at a border patrol agent. Customs and border protection says the agent was out on patrol near an El Paso water treatment facility early Friday morning when he heard gunshots.
Story continues below:
- Crime: NMSP seek person of interest in Santa Rosa homicide
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 20 de Septiembre 2021
The agent went to investigate when someone on the other side of the border fired 20 rounds at him. The agent took cover and was not hit. Two people were seen getting into a car and driving away. There is no word yet on who is responsible.