FARMINGTON, N.M. (KRQE) – A Farmington landscaper is accused of murder. Police say Guillermo Aguirre IV shot and killed Brandon York Saturday near East Main and Plaza Center. According to an arrest warrant, Aguirre went there to recruit people to work for him when he says York got confrontational.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Data shows drivers aren’t slowing down for speed enforcement cameras
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
Aguirre told officers he tried to use a stun gun on York to scare him off, but that didn’t work, and he shot York with a handgun after York threw a rock at him. He’s charged with second-degree murder.