ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – A Roswell man is facing federal child pornography and coercion and enticement of a minor charges. Ricky Romero, 27, appeared in federal court Wednesday for crimes, officials say, that occurred while Romero was a New Mexico State Police officer.
Story continues below
- Entertainment: Concerts coming to New Mexico in 2022
- New Mexico: Tribal community receives millions for wastewater infrastructure
- Crime: Prosecutors say son of man charged in Muslim murders connected to shootings
- Rankings: Cities with the fastest-growing home prices in New Mexico
- Always On: Props from Better Call Saul to be auctioned off
According to an indictment Romero received on March 16 by a federal grand jury and other court documents, between March 4 and March 6 of 2019, Romero allegedly coerced a minor to produce child pornography and received videos and images of child pornography on his cell phone.
If convicted, Romero faces a minimum of 10 years and up to life in prison.