EDGEWOOD, N.M. (KRQE) – An Edgewood man is behind bars for allegedly shooting a man and burying his body. On Saturday, a woman went to the Edgewood Police Department with a jaw injury. She told police her boyfriend had been killed.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
After investigating, police found a man who had been shot to death and buried on a property belonging to Daniel Lee Kota. On Sunday morning, police say Kota turned himself in. Kota told police he shot Vincente Montano several times but he claims Montano first shot the woman who showed up to the police station with a jaw injury.
Kota is now facing charges including first-degree murder and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was convicted of arson in 2007.