NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Lincoln County Sheriffs say a man has killed himself following a standoff earlier Saturday. They say they, along with state police, responded to a domestic violence call along Spring Canyon Road near Ruidoso.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Deputies said that he shot at them and that after hours of negotiations, they heard gunfire within the house and when they went inside, they found the suspect dead. HIs name has not been released.