ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The state Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of a man who killed another man at a mayoral candidate’s campaign office. A jury convicted Steve Kramer of first-degree murder in 2017.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Kramer and others were cleaning out the Albuquerque campaign office of candidate Stella Padilla when witnesses say Kramer shot Vincent Gutierrez for no apparent reason. Kramer claimed there was insufficient evidence and asked the conviction and his life sentence to be reversed and he be given a new trial.
However, the state Supreme court rules the evidence supports the conviction.