ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The case against the accused burglar police say was found sleeping in a woman’s bed is on hold while the court evaluates his competency. Martin Copeland has been arrested three times in the last three months, most recently for a break-in in October.
Story continues below
- Crime: Isleta Police officer accused of raping woman he arrested for DWI
- Weather: Warm and dry to start December
- Albuquerque: Dion’s to open sister restaurant in northeast Albuquerque
- Investigations: How far behind are New Mexico’s schoolchildren?
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 30 de Noviembre 2021
Copeland has a long history of arrests but many of his charges over the years have been dropped. This week, a judge ordered a competency evaluation.
According to the order, Copeland’s behavior in court was “unusual” and he seemed to have trouble understanding his attorney’s advice. Copeland was ordered to stay in jail until trial.