NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – An inmate at the Cibola County Correction Center is accused of stabbing two guards. A criminal complaint states the guards were trying to take Sergio Baca and another inmate out of a cell last Thursday when Baca stabbed one guard in the chest with a three-inch makeshift blade.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Investigators say Baca then turned to the other officer and stabbed him in the chest and stomach. Baca is now charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery on a peace officer.