CHIMAYO, N.M. (KRQE) – A Chimayo couple is facing charges in the death of their infant son. The baby was rushed to Espanola Hospital last week after he was found not breathing. According to court documents, after several interviews the boy’s dad, Steven Serrano, 22, admitted to placing a pillow on the crying baby’s face; the baby later died. Serrano is now charged with intentional child abuse. The boy’s mother 19-year-old Athena Savell was also arrested.
Latest Crime News
- Man arrested for shooting at apartment painting crew
- Daniel Franco behind bars again after two cases were dropped
- Person of interest located in connection to shooting at Rail Runner station
- Roswell Police looking for drive-by shooter who targeted mom, 11-year-old son
- Albuquerque man asks City for help with homeless after series of bonfires in alley