ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The case against a woman accused of throwing her puppy to its death has been dismissed. Ashley Scott was charged with extreme animal cruelty in July after witnesses say she threw the husky from a third-floor apartment.
Last week, the case was dismissed after Scott was found incompetent to stand trial but it could be refiled if she becomes competent. Her husband Wesley Scott is still facing tampering with evidence charge for throwing the carcass away.
- Competency of woman accused of throwing puppy off balcony called into question
- Woman accused of killing puppy will be released from jail
- Woman accused of throwing dog from balcony charged in separate case
- Charges dropped against woman accused of attacking store employee
- Man arrested in Downtown Albuquerque SWAT standoff