Attorneys for Jessica Kelley, accused in the murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens, is asking a judge to seal some documents in the case.
Kelley is set to go on trial in January.
They expect it to be a challenge to find an impartial jury because of all the media attention the case has gotten. So, they’re asking that the judge seal the questionnaire that will be given to potential jurors to keep details from being released to the public.
A judge has yet to rule on the motion.
- State requests testimony to show Fabian Gonzales’ gang connections
- Judge denies Jessica Kelley’s plea deal for second time
- Judge rejects plea deal for suspect in Victoria Martens murder case
- Prosecutors in Victoria Martens’ case argue that jury should see lapel video
- DA dismisses 2 child abuse charges against Jessica Kelley