ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Police are investigating a shooting that killed one and injured two others in northwest Albuquerque early Thursday morning. The Albuquerque Police Department reports that officers were dispatched to the area of Port Rd. and Bluewater Rd. regarding a call reporting shots fired and a fight in progress.
Story continues below
- Trending: Son of suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men also in custody
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque safe outdoor spaces closer to becoming a reality
- New Mexico: New Mexico’s acequia ‘customs and traditions are being tested’
- Crime: Suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men
- KRQE En Español: Martes 9 de Agosto 2022
Investigators have confirmed that three people were taken to the hospital for various injuries. One of those individuals who had a single gunshot wound has died.
APD has identified that victim as 19-year-old Jacob Campos. The two other victims remain at the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. APD reports that one individual was detained for questioning. At this point, authorities are not naming any suspects.