ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Police have arrested a man who reportedly admitted to killing another man Monday during a dispute. The Albuquerque Police Department reports that 50-year-old Keith Bird beat another man using a tree branch during a fight in an alley.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Data shows drivers aren’t slowing down for speed enforcement cameras
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
APD states that Bird told police that he arrived in Albuquerque on Monday afternoon and later purchased alcohol and drank with some friends near Central Ave. and Girard Blvd. Bird reportedly told authorities that he got into an argument with one of the men and went to an alley west of Girard to fight.
He allegedly told police that he beat the other man with a tree branch and with his fists until he noticed people walking in the alley. Bird has been charged with an open count of murder and has been booked into the Metropolitan Detention Center.
The victim has not been positively identified.