ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Police have arrested a man who reportedly admitted to killing another man Monday during a dispute. The Albuquerque Police Department reports that 50-year-old Keith Bird beat another man using a tree branch during a fight in an alley.
Story continues below
- COVID: First COVID, then hair loss?
- KRQE En Español: Martes 25 de Enero 2022
- Trending: Recreational cannabis industry may be off to bumpy start
- National: OSHA officially ends vaccine rule for employers
- Business: Smith’s workers threaten to strike if no deal is reached
APD states that Bird told police that he arrived in Albuquerque on Monday afternoon and later purchased alcohol and drank with some friends near Central Ave. and Girard Blvd. Bird reportedly told authorities that he got into an argument with one of the men and went to an alley west of Girard to fight.
He allegedly told police that he beat the other man with a tree branch and with his fists until he noticed people walking in the alley. Bird has been charged with an open count of murder and has been booked into the Metropolitan Detention Center.
The victim has not been positively identified.