ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A brawl at a northeast Albuquerque apartment complex has turned into a murder investigation. APD responded to the Courtyard Apartments near Montgomery and San Pedro around four p.m. Monday afternoon after someone called 911 saying a fight had broken out between several people.
Story continues below
- Crime: Serial robbery suspect arrested, accused in fatal Española Blake’s Lotaburger shooting
- Entertainment: Multi-level go-kart track could come to lot of old water park in Albuquerque
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 17 de Agosto 2022
- Sports: Vote in Week 1 of the Spirit Stick
- Community: Former UNM student receives prestigious Red Cross volunteer award
Police say at some point during the fight, a man was shot. They say he took off in a car and stopped officers outside the Lovelace Women’s Hospital to say he had been shot. He later died at the hospital.
APD says since so many people were involved in the initial incident, it’s been hard to get answers. “With a large group of individuals, it’s very heated, so getting information from the individuals who were here has been difficult up to this point that’s what detectives are doing right now is trying to find out who was involved and interview those people to find out what they knew and how this whole thing started,” said Lt. Ray Del Greco of APD.
Police do have one person in custody they say is a person of interest in the case.