ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department is cracking down on drag racing. The DWI Unit had a drag racing operation Friday and Saturday along the corridor from Eubank to Carlisle focusing on groups driving recklessly and racing along Montgomery.
APD gave out more than 50 citations and made three misdemeanor DWI arrests Friday night during the drag racing operation. Officers were there from Friday night at 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. and from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Saturday night.
Over the two nights, APD reported:
- 3 misdemeanor DWI arrests
- 1 felony DWI arrest
- 1 felony arrest for a controlled substance
- 1 gun recovered
- 32 speeding citations
- 3 careless driving citations
- 2 reckless driving citation
- 87 other citations
- 4 towed vehicles for other violations
- Second Senate Democrat calls for Menendez resignation
- Man threatens to put ‘bullet in face’ of Texas congresswoman
- Where does Albuquerque rank for being vegan-friendly?
- When your favorite show may return as writers strike is on the verge of ending
- Storage lid organizers exist, so stop living in chaos