ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque woman is accused of murdering her fiance. The body of Derrick Casey was found wrapped in blankets in the parking lot of a southeast Albuquerque apartment building in 2019. He had been shot in the back of the neck.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque school goes to remote learning after just two weeks
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
His fiance Jasminn Obleton initially told detectives Casey pulled a gun on her during an argument and she fought back in self-defense. Investigators say her story did not add up, and she went to great lengths to hide the crime by flushing the spent gun cartridges and getting friends to help her move the body. Obleton has a history of domestic violence arrests.