ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque woman suspected of trying to help a shooting suspect is now in custody. Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputies say Michelle Montano was outside her home near Edith and Paseo del Norte when she witnessed a shooting last month but didn’t tell authorities about the suspect’s whereabouts and even gave them a fake name.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
She’s also accused of handing the gun to the suspect, Antonio Morales. Online records show Montano was arrested on Sunday.
She’s charged with harboring or aiding a felon and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Her next court date has not been set.