ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Police Department has launched a second homicide investigation Tuesday morning. Officers responded shortly after 6 a.m. to a possible shooting at the Motel 6 near Avenida Cesar Chavez and I-25. Officers found a deceased individual after arriving at the scene.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
This is the second homicide investigation within a few hours on Tuesday. Earlier, APD responded to a call a little after 4 a.m. to a suspicious vehicle at Gold Ave. and Seventh Street with an individual who was possibly down and out. APD says rescue personal arrived to that scene and determined the individual to be deceased.
APD Chief Harold Medina spoke at the Motel 6 scene saying this may be drug-related and the department and the community need to work together to help prevent homicides. The department has stressed the dangers of being at motels between the hours of midnight and 5 a.m. where drug transactions often take place.
Homicide detectives are investigating the separate homicide scenes. No other information has been released at this time on either investigation.