ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque man is facing charges after driving a stolen vehicle. According to a criminal complaint, on Saturday, Oct. 9, officers tracked a car that reportedly fled a crash near Sunset and Anna Maria in southwest Albuquerque.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Staying windy and cooler Wednesday
- New Mexico: Sierra County Sheriff: Hot Springs High School hazing incident was assault
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
Deputies say they noticed wires hanging from the ignition and that the lock on the driver’s side door was damaged. Authorities report 22-year-old Erick Garcia was inside and admitted to driving the car and knowing it was stolen by his passenger who is a minor.
Officials claim they also found a pipe with a white substance in the cupholder. Garcia has been charged with car theft, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and possession of drug paraphernalia.