ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque man has been arrested after police say he admitted to killing his sister in July. Police say Saturday night, Steven Archuleta Jr. called 911 to turn himself in.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Barelas community leaders hold press conference ahead of United Stadium bond vote
- Coronavirus: Judge denies request to block vaccine mandate at LANL
- Weather: Clouds increase this evening with milder temperatures overnight
- Crime: Friday night crash turns into homicide investigation
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
According to the criminal complaint, he identified his sister and then said he wanted to kill himself for what he had done. Police say Archuleta shot his sister in her Northeast Heights apartment and that her children witnessed the shooting.
Archuleta has been charged with murder and tampering with evidence.