ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A man learned his punishment on Tuesday after trying to hit a couple after a fight over a parking spot. Back in February, David Swindle was charged in a road rage incident when he tried to hit a couple with his car during a disagreement over a parking spot at a shopping center off Coors and Montano.
He ended up hitting the couple’s car and was taken to the hospital. Tuesday, he pled guilty to aggravated assault and criminal damage to property.
His attorney explained in court Swindle is receiving mental help. Swindle will go through the mental health court as part of his plea agreement and if completed will receive time served toward his three-year sentence.
Latest Crime News:
- Suspect in Roswell officer-involved shooting dies from injuries
- One suspect in custody following NMSP officer-involved shooting
- Evidence leads police to begin homicide investigation in northeast Albuquerque
- Suspect arrested in armed carjacking, burglary, and chase
- Suspect behind bars after carjacking, breaking window