ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department arrested a man Saturday night for street racing while under the influence. According to a criminal complaint, Travis Jones was traveling eastbound along Montgomery when three cars pulled up beside him and they started racing, going faster than 70 miles per hour.
Story continues below
- Crime: Man who raped woman he arrested makes first court appearance
- Weather: An unseasonably warm start to December
- Albuquerque: Dion’s to open sister restaurant in northeast Albuquerque
- Investigations: How far behind are New Mexico’s schoolchildren?
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 1 de Diciembre 2021
Officers say Jones had a bloodshot eye and a strong smell of alcohol. Jones then admitted to not having a driver’s license because it had been revoked.
He failed a field sobriety test and later refused a breath test. He’s been charged with aggravated DWI and reckless driving.