ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque investment broker pleaded guilty to stealing from his clients. Richard Kessler pleaded guilty to charges, including mail fraud, wire fraud, and not filing a tax return.
Story continues below
- Crime: APD: 2 in custody after standoff at northwest Albuquerque gas station
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
Court records say Kessler took more than $121,000 from people. The plea agreement says he convinced four investigators to move their retirement accounts to his company. When he got the money, he deposited it into his bank accounts. A judge will sentence him at a later date.