ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A man accused of murdering his sister is back behind bars after deputies say he took off from a halfway house. The Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office says Lee Jensen admitted to shooting Chris Neal in the head at an east mountain home in November.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021
The 77-year-old told investigators the two had a contentious relationship and he was angry at her. Jensen was released into a recovery program in late July but deputies say he disappeared less than a month later. They tracked him down at an Albuquerque motel. the state is pushing to keep him locked up until trial.