ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department released results from the first weekend of its downtown operation. Officials say units from across the department are working with officers in the Downtown Public Safety District to focus on criminal activity during weekends in the summer.
The weekend operation lasted from Friday, May 28 through Sunday, May 30 and resulted in the following:
- 104 moving citations
- 4 cites for modified exhaust
- 2 cites for exhibition of speed
- 13 reports
- 8 DWI’s
- 3 towed vehicles
- 1 misdemeanor warrant
- 8 verbal warnings
- 2 medical transports
- Traffic located a possible robbery suspect and forwarded it to officers for follow-up.
- One victim and offender located for a DV that happened outside of the Tac Plan area. The offender was arrested.
- Two individuals contacted were in possession of firearms; follow-ups are being conducted on one individual who will be issued a summons for interference with a barricade.
- Officers made contact with business owners/managers 35 times
- Officers had over 300 contacts with individuals in parking lots as well as multiple contacts along the Central area. One large gathering was dispersed as they reportedly began to fight, but no one was identified in order to be charged.
- 1 case submitted for aggravated fleeing after the vehicle and driver were identified.