ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – Roswell police have arrested 19-year-old Daniel Flores in connection to the murder of a 15-year-old boy that happened on July 24. Last Sunday, three males were shot just before 3:00 a.m. at a home on the 1400 block of East Tilden Street.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Data shows drivers aren’t slowing down for speed enforcement cameras
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
Damyn Rodriguez, 15, died at the scene and the two other victims, ages 15 and 19, were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police believe the shooting may be connected to a recent breakup between Flores and his girlfriend.
On Friday, July 29, an arrest warrant was issued for Flores, charging him with first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated battery, and one count of aggravated assault. Flores was picked up in Glendale, Arizona after the left his mother’s home.