ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Humans and their furry family members were able to beat the heat Sunday with a dip in the Rio Grande City Pool. It was the last day for the pool to be open and the city opened it up for the second annual Rio Grande Doggy Paddle.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021
With near-record temps Sunday, pets and their owners were able to get outside for a while and soak up some sun at the pool. “It’s just kind of the last day the pool’s open for the summer so, just wanted to get her out. Kind of her get cooled off and have a good time,” said swimmer Kiefer Johnson.
Dogs were required to have their vaccinations and be socialized with other dogs to come to the event.