ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Bernalillo County unveiled its newest art installation to honor victims of gun violence. The six-piece artwork titled “Luminaria” is on the plaza of the District Attorney’s office.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The artwork consists of three sculptures and three concrete seating components. It’s meant to honor and remember the victims’ lives cut short by gun violence. The piece was created by international artist Gordon Huether and adds to the county’s public art collection of more than 500 works.