SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The city of Santa Fe is hosting a drive-thru event for household hazardous waste collection on Saturday. the event will be on Saturday, November 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: House fire near Old Town sparks questions about squatters in Albuquerque
- Trending: Fatal Thanksgiving morning crash under investigation
- New Mexico: Driver in fatal crash west of Carnuel facing vehicular homicide, DWI charges
- Investigations: Middle of Nowhere: New Mexico’s Multi-Million Dollar Blunder
People participating will be able to stay in their vehicle while staff will unload the material from car trunks, SUV cargo area, or pickup bed. Materials considered hazardous waste are products with warning labels such as dangerous, toxic, flammable, combustible, corrosive, or ignitable.
Items that will be accepted include:
- Motor oil, antifreeze, gasoline, automotive products
- Paints, thiners, stains, varnishes, solvents
- Aerosol cans, small propane tanks and canisters
- Household cleaning products, hobby chemicals
- Pesticides, hebicides, poisons
- Fertilizers, lawn products, swimming pool chemicals
- Car and rechargeable batteries, flourescent bulbs
- Smoke alarms/detectors, fire extinguishers, road flares
- Mercury thermostats and thermometers
The city asks that you do not bring electronic waste such as televisions or appliances as well as ammunition or other explosive materials, radioactive waste, or asbestos. Medical infectious waste will also not be accepted along with sharps, prescription drugs, and oxygen cylinders.