ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A big event in Albuquerque this weekend is giving the Greek community a chance to share its culture. The Grecian Festival, put on by the St. George Greek Orthodox Church, has run for more than 40 years.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
Community members enjoyed everything from watching dancers with traditional costumes to shopping for imported jewelry, gifts, and of course, authentic Greek cuisine. Organizers say they are grateful for community support which brought record turnout. “We can’t do this without the community of Albuquerque and the balloonists and those who come from out of town, this festival can’t be successful without the support of our community,” said Diane Kapuranis from the Grecian Festival.
Organizers say they’re already planning next year’s event.