ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – It was a greyhound take over Sunday at a popular park in the city. The New Mexico Chapter of the Greyhound Adoption League of Texas hosted the Great Global Greyhound Walk.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Warmer and quieter weather returns Thursday
- New Mexico: Warrant reveals gun not thoroughly checked before movie set shooting; sheriff not ruling out charges
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 27 de Octubre 2021
Owners and their greyhounds gathered for the event at Hyder Park. About 21 greyhound and greyhound mixes were at the event.
The reason for the walk is to raise awareness for the greyhound breed. “We want to make people understand that they make great pets and that we are here and greyhounds and mixes and sighthounds are available for adoption,” said New Mexico representative for the Greyhound Adoption League of Texas Diane Howell.
Event-goers who are interested in adopting were able to come and see the chapter’s foster dogs. About eight dogs are up for adoption here in the state. The New Mexico chapter is still looking for donations that can be given online.