The City of Albuquerque has issued a health alert due to blowing dust in the area.
The alert remains in effect until midnight. The city suggests that people that have respiratory conditions should limit outdoor activity.
The city has also ordered all construction or businesses that generate dust to shut down immediately.
The Environmental Health Department recommends the following tips to those sensitive to blowing dust.
- Keep windows and doors closed. If needed for comfort, use air conditioners or heating systems on recycle/recirculation mode.
- Limit your time spent outdoors.
- If symptoms of heart or lung disease occur, (including shortness of breath, chest tightness, chest pain, palpitations or unusual fatigue) contact your health care provider.
- Individuals with heart or lung disease should follow their health management plan from their health care provider.
- Asthmatic individuals should follow a prescribed asthma management plan.
- Avoid outdoor exercise.