Chimney fire destroys northeast Albuquerque home


Firefighters say a massive fire that took down a home in the Heights started in the chimney. 

It began last night near Paseo Del Norte and Ventura. 

The fire was so big that crews inside the House were evacuated and AFR’s ladder truck had to be called in to battle the fire from above. 

“The safety crews deemed that it was unsafe for the fire crews to be inside after a length of time. So at that point, the crews were called out of the house and they switched from an offensive strategy to a defensive,” Albuquerque Fire Lt. Tom Ruiz said. 

Firefighters say the home is a total loss, but no one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on

Video Forecast

Connor's Monday Afternoon Forecast

More Weather Video Forecast
Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss