RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) – The City of Rio Rancho is encouraging people to comment on its redistricting plans following the 2020 Census. The city has five redistricting proposals that must follow the federal voting rights acts and has an equal population among other requirements.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
Comments must be submitted via email by Thursday, October 28. Additionally, on Thursday, October 28, at 6 p.m. the first of two votes required to adopt a redistricting plan will be held. On November 10, a second vote to implement a redistricting plan will take place.
The proposals can be viewed on the Rio Rancho city website.