BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart is planning to hire approximately 150,000 new U.S. store employees ahead of the holidays, the retailer announced Wednesday. Most of the new hires will be permanent, full-time positions, according to a post on the company’s corporate blog.
Story continues below
- Crime: Man tries to evade police by changing outfits
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque neighbors fed up with illegal roadside car lot
- Weather: Warm temperatures heading into the weekend
- New Mexico: NM one of few landlocked states with reported shark attack
- Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 21 de Octubre 2021
Along with the 150,000 new employees in stores, Walmart also announced plans to hire 20,000 associates in its supply chain facilities to permanent roles.
According to the Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer, its average U.S. hourly wage is now $16.40, and jobs in stores pay as high as $34 an hour.
Interested applicants can apply in-store, online, or from the Me@Walmart app.