TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – A Native-owned business in Taos is a semi-finalist. Bison Star is a small Native-owned business that sells body care products focused on high desert scents.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
Now, one of the business leaders is a semi-finalist in the Pow Wow Pitch Competition based in Canada. Angelo McHorse has an opportunity to win and bring home money to expand his family businesses. COVID-19 has made it difficult for many small businesses.
To the owners, this competition means so much. “Our overall goal is to achieve financial freedom with our family in our community for generational wealth and we kind of live with that, live by that, and through it,” says McHorse. “It’s been challenging but as entrepreneurs, we have been quick to adapt to the new structure of life as we know it.”
You can help support Bison Star by participating in the people’s choice voting online.