ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Holiday shoppers were out Friday for the annual Rio Grande Arts and Crafts Festival. The event featured 150 artists, as well as live music, artists’ demonstrations, and a kids’ creation station.
Story continues below
- Crime: Serial robbery suspect arrested, accused in fatal Española Blake’s Lotaburger shooting
- Entertainment: Multi-level go-kart track could come to lot of old water park in Albuquerque
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 17 de Agosto 2022
- Sports: Vote in Week 1 of the Spirit Stick
- Community: Former UNM student receives prestigious Red Cross volunteer award
The pandemic canceled last year’s event and shoppers say it is something they’ve looked forward to coming back to. “This is a tradition that I have with my best friend Joanne – we come every year. We missed it last year, it was tragic to us, but we come every year. [We] just love seeing the artisans and picking up last-minute gifts,” said shopper Peggy Candelaria.
The festival runs through Sunday afternoon at Expo New Mexico.