ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The New Mexico Rail Runner Express is celebrating its 15 year anniversary. There will be a brief event on Wednesday, July 14 at the Los Ranchos Journal Center station located at 101 El Pueblo NE at 11 a.m.
Story continues below:
- COVID: New Mexico COVID-19 cases rise, metro area hospitals weigh in
- Entertainment: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Education: PED suspends Floyd school board for rejecting COVID-19 guidelines
- Trending: Fire destroys movie set at Albuquerque Studios
- Crime: Catalytic converter thefts nearly triple in a year’s time
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
The Rail Runner began providing service in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas in 2006. In that time, they’ve had a total of 12,751,938 passengers and makes 1,337 stops in a week. According to their website, there have been nine movie and television productions have filmed on the train. It took over 21 months it took to build the Rail Runner.