ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The New Mexico Gas Company is warning customers of a phone call scheme. The company says the scammer is calling customers to demand payment in 30 minutes and threatening to disconnect their gas service. This is not the gas company.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
According to a news release from the New Mexico Gas Company, there are times where they call customers about an arrearage but says that employees do not threaten disconnection. If this does happen, they say to call their toll-free number at 1-888-664-2726. For more information, visit .nmgco.com/en/scams.