ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A shop focusing exclusively on Japanese anime has officially opened its doors in Albuquerque. Five Star Anime along Central in Nob Hill had its grand opening earlier Saturday.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The owner, Cosmo Candelaria, got the idea to open the store six months ago, after realizing the city didn’t really have any anime-centric stores. He says the entire opening process was made possible thanks to help from his family and friends.
“It was something that I’ve always kind of grown-up watching. It’s been a big part of my life and has always brought me joy, and there was never a place like this in Albuquerque. I wanted to bring that to the kids that are coming up now in this environment,” said Candelaria.
Five Star Anime is open Tuesday through Sunday and closed Mondays.