NATIONAL (KRQE) – A federal judge has rejected a pilot union’s request to block Southwest Airlines’ vaccine mandate. Under their policy, workers had to be vaccinated by December 8.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
The union sought an injunction arguing the rule unlawfully imposed new conditions of employment and the threat of termination for unvaccinated workers. However, the judge denied the request saying the mandate creates safe and reasonable working conditions.