ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A judge is ordering the utilities be turned off at a popular Old Town restaurant. Backstreet Grill was ordered to close at the beginning of the year because of its refusal to require employees to wear masks. However, the restaurant said its shutting down for good. A recent Instagram post says Sunday was their last day in business.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
In the spring, the health department revoked the restaurant’s health permit saying the management refused to cooperate with food safety inspectors. On Wednesday, a judge ordered for their utilities to be discontinued.