ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Officials say more jobs could be coming to Albuquerque if the city signs off on an Amazon transportation hub at the Sunport. On Monday, October 18, the city council will be reviewing a five-acre ground lease and development agreement between the city’s aviation department and Amazon.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
If approved, Amazon would develop and operate an air cargo facility at the Sunport for a minimum of 10 years. It’s estimated to generate more than $54,000 of revenue a year for the Sunport.