ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Dozens of bright hot air balloons took flight for the final day of the city’s Balloon Fall Fest on Sunday. The scaled-back event happened in lieu of the 49th Balloon Fiesta, with balloons taking off from parks, and golf courses across Albuquerque.
The pilots who launched Sunday morning say it was perfect balloon weather but missed the usual crowds. “It turned out to be a beautiful forecast. We took off from the west side of the city and made our way over to this beautiful Fiesta field, which I wish was a little more full this year, but nonetheless, it was a great flight. Beautiful flight over the city,” said Brad Rice of the Rainbow Ryders. “It’s a bitter-sweet moment.”
KRQE News 13 crews caught up with an out-of-state tourist who says he was happy to get a taste of Balloon Fiesta. He hopes to see it next year.
- AVANGRID to acquire PNM Resources to create combined company
- Kirtland AFB to conduct base exercises
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ returns for virtual reunion day before Halloween
- Sheriff’s Sgt. raises questions in Zion’s missing person case of Holly Courtier
- COVID-19 survivor walks out of rehab after being pronounced brain dead