ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – On Wednesday, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta announced that ExxonMobil will be the event’s presenting sponsor for the next three years (2022-2024). One of the largest oil companies in the world, Exxon-Mobil has sponsored the Balloon Fiesta since 2019 but will now take a larger role in promoting the event.
Story continues below
- Trending: Is chile a dying industry in New Mexico?
- Community: What’s happening around New Mexico August 19 – August 25
- Entertainment: Multi-level go-kart track could come to lot of old water park in Albuquerque
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 18 de Agosto 2022
“The ExxonMobil team has been a great supporter of our event since 2019, and we are delighted to have them join us in a larger role as the presenting sponsor for our 50th and beyond,” said Al Tetreault, President of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta board of directors in a statement posted on the Balloon Fiesta’s website. “Their employees live and work here and this sponsorship of the state’s largest tourism event demonstrates their commitment to New Mexico and its rich traditions.”
According to the Balloon Fiesta’s website, ExxonMobil has been a sponsor of the event since 2019.
- Total number of guests 783,866
- Total number of registered hot air balloons: 543
- Total number of registered special shape balloons: 84
- Total number of registered pilots (primary and additional): 648
- Total number of America’s Challenge Gas Race teams: 4
- Total number of estimated guest-visits: 783,866
- Total number of media organizations: 138
- Total number of registered media representatives: 787
- Total number of views on Balloon Fiesta Live: 693,043