ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Saturday is the eighth day of the Albuquerque International Balloon. The weather forced Saturday’s morning launch to be canceled.
At 6:29 p.m. Saturday, officials said severe weather is anticipated for the night, and they are asking visitors to seek shelter. The evening glow has been canceled for Saturday.
Heavier rain was forecasted to travel through central New Mexico during the afternoon. It’s expected to be the soggier of the two weekend days. High temps will rise only into the middle 60s again for Albuquerque, upper 50s for Santa Fe, and upper 60s for Roswell.
Sunday morning, the last day of the Balloon Fiesta should feature some better weather for an otherwise iffy fiesta forecast period. We’ll see lighter scattered showers/weaker storms Sunday afternoon. The heaviest rain will fall across southern New Mexico near Roswell and Ruidoso.
Story continues below:
- New Mexico: Trial delayed for New Mexico woman accused of throwing baby in dumpster
- Albuquerque: City’s plan would convert old Albuquerque hotels into affordable housing
- Crime: Man killed, Gallup police seek to ID persons of interest in shooting
- Top Story: Truth or Consequences mayor, husband investigated for animal cruelty
Below is a list of events planned for Saturday, weather permitting.
- 5:45 am Aerial Light Show, sponsored by Sandia Resort & Casino
- 6:00 am Dawn Patrol Show, presented by Route 66 Casino Hotel and RV Resort
- 6:30 am Krispy Kreme Morning Glow
- 7:00 am Mass Ascension, powered by ExxonMobil
- 8:00-noon Chainsaw Carving Exhibition
- 10:00 am Chainsaw Carving Auction
- 11:00 am Balloon Fiesta Pin Trading (Group Tour Tent north end of Main Street)
- 1:00-5 pm Music Fiesta
- 3:00-6:00 pm Chainsaw Carving Exhibition
- 5:00 pm Team Fastrax™ Skydiving, sponsored by the City of Las Vegas, NM
- 6:00 pm Night Magic™ Glow, powered by ExxonMobil
- 6:00 pm Fiestas de Los Globitos (Remote Control Balloons Exhibition)
- 7:30 pm Team Fastrax™ Skydiving, sponsored by the City of Las Vegas, NM
- 7:45 pm Aerial Light Show, sponsored by Sandia Resort & Casino
- 8:00 pm* AfterGlow™ Fireworks Show