ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The green flag is back up at Balloon Fiesta Park Friday. After initially going up, officials put the launch on hold as they monitored rain showers about five miles south of the park. Now, the green flag is back up and Friday morning’s launch is back on.
Friday sees gloomy conditions as low pressure continues to impact the state. Friday, however, will most likely be the quietest day of the next three, with just isolated shower chances in the metro.
Rain did cause a pause in launches after the dawn patrol, but they resumed shortly after 7:00 a.m. much to the excitement of students celebrating their fall break. “It’s always a great experience being out here for fall break,” said student Kaia West. “Every time I get a fall break, this is what I look forward to. This is what I come out here for.”
Planned events for Friday are listed below:
- 6 a.m. – Dawn Patrol
- 7 a.m. – Special Shape Rodeo
- 7:30 a.m. – Remote Control Balloon Exhibition
- 8 a.m. – Competition Balloon Flying
- 8 a.m. – AIBF Chainsaw Carving Exhibition
- 10 a.m. – AIBF Chainsaw Carving Auction
- 3 p.m. – AIBF Chainsaw Carving Exhibition
- 5 p.m. Team Fastrax Skydiving
- 6 p.m. Special Shape Glowdeo
- 7:30 p.m. Team Fastrax Skydiving
- 7:45 p.m. Aerial Drone Light Show
- 8 p.m. AfterGlow Fireworks Show