1. A child is in the hospital after a dog attack near Central and Louisiana. The Albuquerque Police Department says the 6-year-old crawled into an enclosure where neighbors had four pit bulls, and two of the dogs attacked. At last check, the child was in surgery.
2. Albuquerque Fire Rescue is taking a closer look at their security after one of their units was stolen. Police say at some point in the middle of the night, Anthony Pacheco got inside Fire Station 5, and took a battalion chief’s Chevy Tahoe. Video shows Pacheco flying through an intersection, hitting a black car, then spinning around. Police eventually arrested him.
3. High pressure builds in across the state on Friday leading to mostly sunny skies and highs in the high 70s.
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
4. Balloon Fiesta is Albuquerque’s most popular event and it’s also one of the most congested. A University of New Mexico researcher says last fall’s traffic tribulations inspired him to come up with a solution so that visitors leave with a better impression of Albuquerque.
5. An Albuquerque woman is set to be sentenced next month for her role in a deadly road rage shooting. Alexis Rogers faces three years behind bars. Rodgers was behind the wheel when police say her passenger, Damien Luna, opened fire, killing 16-year-old Efrain Azarte. Thursday, she pleaded to lesser charges.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Farmington police turn to public for help in missing person cold case
- Mayor Keller, transportation officials to tour buses as ART settlement nears
- Controversial conservative YouTuber scheduled to speak at UNM
- Judge releases dad arrested after 11-month-old daughter’s death
- Albuquerque Police arrest man for shooting death of girlfriend
- Albuquerque church bells ring in solidarity with Notre Dame
- Always On: Celebrate Earth Day at the BioPark
- Federal water managers develop plan for Rio Grande
- Albuquerque student graduating high school with six associate degrees