1. Has he been rehabilitated or will he be sentenced as an adult? The hearing to decide what to do with Nehemiah Griego, who murdered five members of his family when he was just 15, picked back up Monday after a four-month-long pause.
Full Story: Hearing scheduled for Nehemiah Griego
2. A storm system will move toward New Mexico on Tuesday spreading increasing clouds and spot showers over western areas.
Full Story: Mark’s Monday Evening Forecast
3. As city council looks to vote on a plastic ban Monday night, the cost to shoppers, diners and businesses in Albuquerque is becoming clearer. The city has laid out the costs in a study done in the leadup to the vote on a bill to make Albuquerque cleaner and greener.
Full Story: Plastics ban study reveals costs to customer
4. Councilor Isaac Benton says Albuquerque’s population has more than doubled since 1974 when the city last established its nine city council districts. He says it’s now time to expand to 11 districts.
5. Firefighters in Paris are continuing to fight a raging fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. That fire is now weakening. Flames engulfed the historic cathedral in Paris, toppling the iconic spire, and burning the entire wooden frame, the roof also collapsing.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Driver leaves the scene after crashing into Old Town Pizza Parlor
- High-profile Albuquerque attorney arrested for DWI
- 230 migrants detained near New Mexico’s Mount Cristo Rey
- CYFD hopes new laws will bring positive changes
- Owner announces cafe’s closure in wake of anti-Semitic Facebook post
- Tax Day 2019: Last day to file, how to get an extension
- Parks and Rec to reseed local park after infestation of foxtails
- National Parks entrance fees waived April 20
- Meow Wolf’s ‘Kaleidoscape‘ ride to open Friday in Denver