ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A driver who stopped a carjacking and sent the suspected carjacker to the hospital was an off-duty sheriff’s sergeant. It happened Wednesday night near Indian School and Wyoming.
Story continues below:
- Trending: Balloon community calls for pilot drug tests after toxicology report in deadly crash
- Don’t Miss: Los Alamos National Lab updates vaccine requirements for staff
- Crime: Robber shot, killed at Subway was arrested in 2019 for veterans memorial theft
- New Mexico News: Man with long criminal history charged following attack at post office
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 22 de Septiembre 2021
The Albuquerque Police Department says the car owner started driving with the suspect hanging onto the side of the car. The suspect eventually fell and hit his head and ended up in the hospital in critical condition. The Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the driver was a member of their own but officials have not released any names or other details.